You are invited to attend:
Problems and Solutions for Decarbonisation and Energy Transition: a Cross-National Dialogue
December 7-9, 2021
Free on Zoom Login: https://utsmeet.zoom.us/j/8637645831
1: Welcome + Implications of the Glasgow COP for Global Energy Transition
2: COP26 and India’s Energy Transition?
3: Social benefits of transition – US perspectives
4: Community Power and Community Energy?
5: Just Transitions, beyond fossil fuels
6: Transition from Coal and Populism
7: Anchors of Identity: The Search For Meaning in Times of Transformations
8: Generating Legitimacy for Renewable Energy
9: Indigenous Peoples, Climate Justice, and Energy
10: Planning and Participation in Transitions, Substate to Global
PLUS, a Community Energy Workshop for those in the field
Full Program and Event Registration
This Conference brings together the latest research on energy transitions from across several countries. It involves institutes, researchers and key participants in the process of energy transition, to learn from experience and to reflect on obstacles and possibilities. It is focused on the following five themes:
- Socio-technical innovation, institutional change and the transition;
- Narratives of transition: technological versus behavioural, centralised versus decentralised, market mechanisms versus direct intervention;
- Models for transition: regulatory, community and business;
- Putting people at the centre of energy transition: communities, workers, Indigenous Peoples;
- Visions for transition – energy justice, energy commons, energy democracy.
- Climate Justice Research Centre at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies, Potsdam, Germany
- Climate and Energy Policy Research Lab at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
- Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation, Arizona State University, USA.
Further info: email@example.com
All sessions will be recorded